Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2016

October in Taiwan Part 2 (Recap)

Only 20+ days left here in Taiwan! This is Part 2 of my October Recap, read Part 1 here if you haven't yet :D

My family actually came to Taiwan at the end of October, so we booked a package from FunTaiwan and traveled around Taipei. 


TA SHEE BLOOMING OASIS 大溪花海农场




Personally I felt that ChongShe Flower Market (中社花海) is much better, as you can see from my picture, you see more green leaves than the colours of the flowers, so, it's not really a spectacular sight. But we did bought honey and pollen which is supposedly good for your body here. 


YANGMINGSHAN 阳明山

This was a very failed YangMingShan trip because it was raining, and freezing, there was so much mist that we can't see anything at all. I am also covering my nose because we went to this part that had sulphur there and gosh the smell was awful! 

Pro tip: Only visit YangMingShan when the weather is good.


SAN XIA OLD STREET 三峡老街


This is by far the prettiest old street I've ever been to in Taiwan! Really old school kinda place, I would recommend you guys to go if you have the chance. The most famous thing there is the bull's horn croissants. They taste really good :D


YEHLIU 野柳 



It is SO gorgeous here! and it's super windy too. The Queen's Head is definitely the most popular attraction to see, hence, hard to avoid people in the background. Apparently they said it's gonna break off anytime soon because the part of her neck is getting thinner.


GOLDEN FALLS 黄金瀑布

One of the prettiest waterfalls I've ever seen! It's really beautiful and according to our driver, the water used to be brown-ish, so when the sun shines on the waterfall it looks golden, hence the name.



YIN YANG SEA 阴阳海

and then when the water from the Golden waterfall flows into the sea, it created this double colored sea effect which they called in the Yin Yang Sea. It is really a very clear line of the brownish water vs the blue sea water. 
  

JIUFEN 九份



This was the first time I'm seeing JiuFen at night despite it being the 3rd time I've been here, and I must say that the saying of "九份越夜越美" is really true! We bought the most 土产 here, especially their snacks, like 猪纸皮, Seaweed biscuits, 姜母茶...etc.


 (YILAN 宜兰)

LANYANG MUSEUM 兰阳博物馆



I HIGHLY recommend visiting this museum, not only is it pretty on the outside, but the inside is very very awesome! Also it's so cheap! Less than RM15 for students, and less than RM20 for normal adults. Considering this museum has 4 floors (You can't tell from the outside eh?) The museum is all about Yilan and it's history, and it's also very interactive, so it was extremely interesting and entertaining.


MR. BROWN'S CAFE 伯朗咖啡馆 (酒保咖啡馆)

 Then we headed to a castle on top of a hill, which is actually a cafe. The drinks there are mostly coffee and it was not bad, price wise it is slightly cheaper than Starbucks. Also, you get to see the whole view of Yilan from the top.


JIAOXI HOTSPRINGS & KALAVAN WHISKY DISTILLERY
礁溪温泉公园 & 噶玛兰威士忌

For Jiao Xi Hot Springs, we only went to the part where it was open air and everyone just dipped their legs. The water wasn't very hot, and quite nice after walking for almost the whole day.

The Kalavan Whisky Distillery is owned by Mr Brown (yes, the cafe owner), and we got a free tour of the place.

JIMMY PARK 几米广场

Jimmy is quite a popular artist in Taiwan and now has his own park filled with his art. It was quite fun taking pics with all the different characters and paintings.




So this pretty much sums up my whole trip with my family, and that's a wrap for my October Recap! :)


P.S: Read my other posts about my exchange life in Taiwan here
P.P.S: If you're wondering why I don't have pics of my family, it's because I have decided not to post them on public platforms anymore.

3 comments:

  1. This is a really awesome blog! I love your content and your page! Have you guys already written a post or written content talking about your plan s for the entire year of 2017? What are you guys planning to do? Any giveaways?? Please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is great! It is literally my dream to travel to Taiwan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello girl! Very nice and cute blog! I am a fun from Greece! I'm a blogger too by the way on euframe.blogspot.com I would like to visit my page too and have a look my posts!

    ReplyDelete